Sunday, December 23, 2012

Deck the Halls!


Garlands are my one of my favorite holiday decorations. I love just the way they greet and welcome visitors to my home during the holidays.  This year, I used 16 feet of cedar garland wrapped with white lights, and use ornaments to create a theme. To create a musical theme,  I tied off large golden instrument ornaments that I purchased years ago at a floral store in Florida. Bright red winter berries from my yard add texture and seasonal color to the evergreen garland.  Then, to add a layer of luster, I draped a peppermint and colorful candy glass garland. Bows are always the final touch to finish the arrangement--as anyone who knows me, knows I am completely bow obsessed and collect a variety of rich and unusual ribbon! See details in pics below!


A festive welcomes
Layering of Textures
Ornaments to Create Theme
Lights Brighten &
Warm the Dark Cold Night

No comments:

Post a Comment